In keeping with the high level of preventative care we provide at The Cottage Surgery, we provide several nurse-assisted comprehensive health assessments for our patients. The 45 -49 year old health check is a free health promotion service covered by Medicare once between the ages of 45-49 years.
This health check focuses on preventative care, the aim is to detect and prevent chronic disease and enable early intervention. This check will also allow the GP more time to take specific notice of areas which are hard to cover in a normal consultation and provide the opportunity to raise any concerns that you may have about your health. Our practice nurse will perform the assessment and then you will see your regular GP to complete the assessment.
The health check would include:
- Updating your medical/family history and looking at your health issues
- Doing tests, such as blood pressure, ECG, blood pathology
- Identify and follow up any health problems
- Providing advice and information about lifestyle modification programs to the patient
- including strategies to achieve lifestyle and behaviour changes.
- Looking at risk factors including smoking, poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, family history of chronic disease, sun exposure
When booking your appointment on (02) 9948 3768, please inform our reception staff that it is for a 45-49 health check so an appropriate amount of time can be allocated.